Tuesday, January 22, 2008

House Points

"Hogwarts, Hogwarts, hoggy warty Hogwarts, teach us something please. Whether we be old and bald or young with scabby knees, our heads could do with filling with some interesting stuff. For now they're bare and full of air, dead flies and bits of fluff, so teach us things worth knowing, bring back what we've forgot. Just do your best, we'll do the rest and learn until our brains all rot."

Phew, I think I finally have the school song memorized. Hooray! I know I'm not the first of the Gryffindor's but I'm close!

I ended up having to leave the great hall last night in a rush because someone jinxed my computer. Lucky for me I was a real computer nerd before I came to Hogwarts and it took me no time at all to fix it. Magic does make things faster after all. Thankfully, Professor McPotions passed me in the hall as I was racing back to the common room in a panick and he offered to help me, how sweet. We brewed up this virus removal potion from the Standard Book of Spells grade 3. I really couldn't have done it without him seeing as how I am only a first year. He sure knows his stuff. Here is a copy of the spell should any of you fall victim to the same problem I had.

The virus removal Potion

Ingredients:
One-half ounce floo powder
One spider toe
Two vials essence of mouse
3 drops oil of green slime
17 hairs from the head of a one friend
Three silver stones


Instructions:
In a cauldron, combine floo powder, spider toe and essence of mouse. Brew over low heat, repair once every 7 minutes until mixture is one and gold. Add the friend hairs; stir twice. Drop in the silver stones, one at a time.

When mixture has boiled down, take the resulting cinders and clean sick.

Incantation:
Rumble fumble toil and virus removalle
Whispius mouseius flispius


Now I really must run, I don't want to be late for Transfiguration. Hopefully Bijoux won't act up today.

1 comment:

Cassandra Puddlemere said...

YaY Hermione!!!!

You shall be added to the House goblet!

and next time you need hair ask me before you just start yanking!