Wednesday, March 12, 2008
1. When Rita Skeeter prints a bad articles about Hagrid in the Daily Prophet, which Professor teaches Hagrid's Care of Magical Creatures class while he is away?
a. Professor Trisonikly
b. Professor Snape
c. Professor Grubbly-Plank
d. Professor Meshdeh
2. What was the article Rita Skeeter wrote about Hagrid called?
a. The son of Fridwolfa the Giantess
b. The Truth About Rubeus Hagrid
c. Dumbledore's Giant Mistake
d. Half Giant at Hogwarts
3. When the school champions were being chosen from the Goblet of Fire, whose name cam out first?
a. Fleur Delacour
b. Viktor Krum
c. Cedric Diggory
d. Harry Potter
4. What is the spell Ludo bagman says to magically magnify his voice when he commentates?
5. What kind of dragon did Cedirc have to face in the first task?
a. A Hungarian Horntail
b. A Swedish Short-Snout
c. A Welsh Green
d. A Chinese Fireball
6. Who raised the trophy after winning the world cup?
a. Troy and Moran
b. Troy and Quigley
c. Quigley and Moran
d. Lynch and Connolly
7. How many bedrooms did Mundungus Fletcher claim to have?
8. For what did Moody mistake his birthday gif of a carriage clock?
a. An intruder
b. A basilisk egg
c. A bomb
d. A Blast-ended Skrewt
9. What did Mr. Ollivander produce for the end of Cedric's wand?
a. A bunch of flowers
b. A fountain of wine
c. Twittering birds
d. Silver smoke rings
10. The dark mark is on Snape's left arm.
Picture Scavenger Hunt
Monday, March 10, 2008
I hope I didn't miss too much of the goings on at Hogwarts while I was away. I had a wonderful time and I will post links to pictures once we reveal who we all are. My spoilee isn't a gryffindor but it might leak out to her and I don't want that to happen. Anyway, for fun, I'm posting a quiz that Cassandra did.
Try to use different answers if the person in front of you had the same 1st initial. You CAN'T use your name for the boy/girl name question
What is your name....................Hermoine Phoenixfire
4 Letter Word........................Heat
Alcoholic Drink......................Harvey Wallbanger
Something you wear...................Hat
Food.................................Hot cross buns
Something found in a bathroom........Hair Dryer
Reason for Being Late................Hole in tire
Cartoon Character....................Huey (as in Huey, Dewey and Louie)
Something You Shout..................HEY!
Monday, March 3, 2008
Small change of plans though. My muggle uncle and cousins can't make it til Tuesday, so I'm thankful that my aunt is already down there and I can stay with her at her hotel until the conference is done. We'll just meet up with my uncle and cousins on tuesday in stead of monday. I cannot believe I get to go to Disney World!!!
Have a great week everyone! I will post when I get back on Saturday!
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
1. With whom does Ginny go to the Yule Ball?
2. When Harry arrives at the Burrow and Mrs. Weasley makes them all dinner the night before they leave for the Quidditch World Cup, what does her wand turn into?
a. rubber mouse
b. rubber chicken
c. rubber duck
d. rubber cat
3. Since some of the sixth-year girls didn't have any quills on them, what did they think Krum might sign their hats in?
a. nail polish
4. How old does the Quick Quotes Quill say that Rita Skeeter is?
5. What color cloak is wormtail wearing in the Riddle house?
a. Grey (Gray)
6. What color is "Mad Eye" Moody's magical eye?
7. What color are the robes that Rita Skeeter was wearing when Harry meets her at the Weighing of the Wands ceremony?
8. What does Sirius Black tell Harry, Ron and Hermione to call him when speaking around anyone else?
9. Which team beat Wales, disqualifying them from competing for the Quidditch World Cup?
10. What does Madame Maxime say is the only thing her steeds will drink?
a. cabernet sauvignon
c. single-malt whiskey
d. gin and tonics
Goblet of Fire
Dragon from first challenge
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Monday, February 11, 2008
Friday, February 8, 2008
I went and joined in a very odd muggle custom of putting jewelry on the body by putting holes through the skin. In other words, I pierced my nose as they call it.
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Monday, February 4, 2008
Your Harry Potter Alter Ego Is...?
created with QuizFarm.com
|You scored as Ginny Weasley|
You definitely share your mother's (Molly Weasley) fiery resolve and slowly but surely people are learning to respect you because of it.
Thursday, January 31, 2008
1. What was Harry dreaming about the first time he woke up with his scar on fire?
a. Voldemort and Wormtail plotting to kill Dumbledore
b. Voldemort and Wormtail plotting to kill him
c. Voldemort and Wormtail plotting to kill Sirius
d. Voldemort and Wormtail plotting to kill Cornelius Fudge
2. What is the problem with leprechaun gold?
a. It vanishes after a few hours
b. It vanishes after a few weeks
c. It's only good in Ireland
d. It enchants you and makes you forget everything else
3. Why did Mad-Eye Moody turn Malfoy into a ferret?
a. Malfoy had said something rude about Mad-Eye
b. He was teaching him 'constant vigilance'
c. Malfoy attached Harry when Harry's back was turned
d. He hated Malfoy's father
4. Sirius warns Harry to be careful around Karkaroff because he had been a Death Eater. Which one of the professors at Hogwarts, who also used to be a Death Eater, is frequently bothered by Karkaroff?
5. Voldemort could have used the blood from any foe to make the potion that revived him work, but he held out for Harry's blood. Why?
a. To show that Dumbledore could not protect Harry
b. To prove that Harry could not apparate
c. The special protection Harry received from his mother would also pass to Voldemort
d. Simply because he hated Harry that much
6. How old would Frank have been on his next birthday?
7. Amos Diggory works for?
a. The Department of Mysteries
b. The Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures
c. The Goblin Liaison Office
d. The Committee of Experimental Charms
8. Who shared a carriage with the three friends on the way from the train to Hogwarts?
9. What date in October did the delegates from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang arrive?
10. What color were Percy's dress robes at the Yule Ball?
a. Navy Blue
c. Emerald Green
Picture Scavenger Hunt
Please either post the pictures to your blog or link to where the pictures can be found.
World Cup Tournament
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Monday, January 28, 2008
This week I have much work to do as I have a test on Friday morning for Magical Business Mathematics. Unfortunately I'm not allowed a wand but I can use an odd contraption called a calculator. Hopefully it will go well. But I must be off, time to get back to work.
Friday, January 25, 2008
Because we can't apparate and the two of us are unable to travel by broomstick alone, we're going to take the muggle car that I have. It's not a flying muggle car, so it should take us about 4 hours to arrive. That's not too bad though. I'll have to remember to bring my homework so I can work on it while we drive. I just hope I don't spill ink all over. Maybe I should invest in a self inking quil. Well I had better be off. It's almost time to leave. Have a great weekend everyone!
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
*Runs to the Great Hall*
"Crap, Wartbobble is on the move. Better figure out how this Patronus message works..."
"What do you mean figure out how the patronus message works, I thought you knew?"
"This is the first time I've had to do it under pressure after all."
"Alright, but maybe we should hide for the time being, we don't want to get caught, not after the plan has gone this far."
"You're right. Quick! Behind the suit of armor before Wartbobble gets here. I can hear her coming"
*runs to hide behind the suit of armor*
"That's not the sound of Wartbobble...since when does she cackle like that?"
"It's...oh no...it's Peeves!"
"Shhh! Be quiet and don't move. If he finds us the whole plan is shot!"
*Peeves floats by singing some silly little song. He stops short as if he has seen something*
"Oh no, we're done for!"
*Just as they think they're going to get caught, a 5th year Slytherin comes out of the great hall and runs into Peeves"
"Someone's out of bed! Someone's out of bed!"
*Peeves chases the Slytherin all the way back to their common room*
"That was too close of a call. We had better get this done now before he comes back"
"Alright, have you got them all?"
"Yup. Just lay them out the way we were told, light it and run"
*the fireworks get laid out and lit, then they run for cover*
"This is going to be spectacular!!"
*the fireworks go off forming the Gryffindor crest magically in mid air.*
"ROAR ROAR GRYFFINDOR!"
"Shhh! Now lets get out of here!"
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Enjoy but use wisely!
Phew, I think I finally have the school song memorized. Hooray! I know I'm not the first of the Gryffindor's but I'm close!
I ended up having to leave the great hall last night in a rush because someone jinxed my computer. Lucky for me I was a real computer nerd before I came to Hogwarts and it took me no time at all to fix it. Magic does make things faster after all. Thankfully, Professor McPotions passed me in the hall as I was racing back to the common room in a panick and he offered to help me, how sweet. We brewed up this virus removal potion from the Standard Book of Spells grade 3. I really couldn't have done it without him seeing as how I am only a first year. He sure knows his stuff. Here is a copy of the spell should any of you fall victim to the same problem I had.
The virus removal Potion
One-half ounce floo powder
One spider toe
Two vials essence of mouse
3 drops oil of green slime
17 hairs from the head of a one friend
Three silver stones
In a cauldron, combine floo powder, spider toe and essence of mouse. Brew over low heat, repair once every 7 minutes until mixture is one and gold. Add the friend hairs; stir twice. Drop in the silver stones, one at a time.
When mixture has boiled down, take the resulting cinders and clean sick.
Rumble fumble toil and virus removalle
Whispius mouseius flispius
Now I really must run, I don't want to be late for Transfiguration. Hopefully Bijoux won't act up today.
Monday, January 21, 2008
Well now I am in a bit of a fix. I am supposed to meet in the common room with my Gryffindor Girls but that is also the night of my knitting group with my friends from back home when I am not at Hogwarts. What am I to do? I'll have to ponder this and see what would be the best.
Construction of my pal's bag is going well. I still haven't heard from mine though. Starting to get disapointed, rather than worried or annoyed. Swaps are no fun if you don't get to communicate with your partner. Oh well. I'll just make sure to spend the extra time on my Slytherin friend!
I had best be off, almost time for Potions. HOORAY!!
Friday, January 18, 2008
I still haven't heard from my partner who is supposed to be spoiling me. I'm starting to get worried that she's not going to contact me and what fun would that be if I'm not in contact with her. We shall see I suppose.
Off to class I go. Don't forget Gryffindor's to post on your blogs every week! We are going to win the house cup!
ROAR ROAR GRYFFINDOR!!!
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
But I must run, I'm meeting some girls in the library to work on our history of magic homework. Until next time!
Monday, January 14, 2008
I am looking forward to potions today. The professor is supposed to be very handsome. I hope he's not so good looking that I will be distracted from my studies, but maybe it will keep me motivated to do well. If potions is anything like muggle cooking, I may have a bit of trouble. Hopefully it will all turn out well! I must run though, it's time for Charms and I don't want to be late!
Friday, January 11, 2008